The Crazy World of Goodsoil Theatre

This Blog will hold the postings of all the Good Soil Theatre members that want a candid place to share their experiences while on tour

Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Moose Meat Stew and Bear Sausages

Moose Meat Stew and Bear Sausages

So here we are in our third week of the drama tour with Good Soil Theatre Company. So far we have been all over BC and are now residing in Kitimat, BC. We've been in places as populous as Vancouver, Canyon Heights Church as well as the Round House Theatre, as well as places as middle of nowhere such as Logan Lake, the town in which the "mall" consisted of a bottle drop off and a run down dollar store lawl. So far our tour has taken us from the start at Summit Pacific College in Abbotsford, to the Round House Theatre in Vancouver for the Seeds Int Gala, to Burnett Fellowship in Maple Ridge (Emily's Home Church), to Logan Lake (aka middle of nowhere BC lawl), to 100 Mile House, to Williams Lake, to Ft St James (where Emily, Jen, Brendan and I accidentaly got a free tour of the fort lawl), then to Smithers (where I was offered work if I ever decided to move out there), and now we are here in Kitimat. I never thought that the tour could be like this, I am seeing soo much country and meeting people that I would never have the chance to meet if I didn't do this.

The team is amazing. There are ten of us in total. Dave and Nancy Seiling are our road managers as well as actors in both plays from Elmira, ON. Shambra and Kelly Pellum, both actors, are from South Carolina and are currently on their honeymoon with us, not my idea of a fun honeymoon, but to each their own lawl. Kyle Kennedy, an actor, from Kitchener, ON. Brendan Greek, our lighting tech, from Abbotsford, BC. Jen Amorin, our video tech, from Ontario (sorry Jen I forgot your home town girl). Emily Robb, an actress, from Maple Ridge, BC. And then there's me, Nick Campbell from Sarnia, ON (or Forest if I'm at mom and dad's house lawl). I can't believe how ten people from all different walks of life are able to come together and mold as well as we ten have. It's totally a God thing. He has brought each of us here from different backgrounds, but all with a passion to see His kingdom expanded through our ministry. I think of the relationships that have already begun to form here. Kyle and Brendan are two guys who I am very thankful to have found myself rooming with for the most part as we have developed a friendship already that enable us to talk freely to one another about just about anything. It's a total blessing to have that kind of relationship as I have left some people back home that I had that same thing with and it is hard to not be with those people. Although I just mentioned in more detail about those two guys don't for an instant think that I don't value others here on the team just as much. There are those that challenge me in who I am in Christ, those who make me smile when I'm having a rough day, and those who are simply a pure joy to be around day in and day out. Some of the team even have two or more of those qualities. So you guys on the team who read this, THANK YOU for being who you are.

We have had some interesting times though here on tour. Meals are always a fun one, you never really know what to expect. At Canyon Heights Church, we had Sushi, which for me was ok becasue I love california rolls. In Ft St John we had Moose Meat Stew, the moose meat itself wasn't too bad, but the broth was a little iffy lawl. Now here in Kitimat we just finshed off some Bear Sausages, we weren't told about what kind of meat it was until after we had eaten it, but it was some of the best sausage that I have ever eaten. We have also seen some incredible sights. We saw Lynn Canyon in North Vancouver, we saw Twin Falls in Smithers, and the roads that we've driven on have held some of the most beautiful scenery ever. The mountains that have constantly surrounded us as we drive are incredible. There have been some great laughs throughout the tour and training camp as well. We all have a great sense of humour and it's soo much fun and makes for easier days when we are able to laugh with each other on the road and during set up and tear down.

Oh yes, set up and tear down. We travel with a 24" trailer pulled by a massive pickup truck and an RV as well. We carry our own stage and equipment. Now the stage itself is a 36" by 8" stage that is divided up into sections of 4" by 8". We also have all our boxes that hold our lights, light stands, sand bags, props, costumes, speakers, sound and light boards, curtains, and oodles of cable. I'm sure that I've missed something there, but there's soo much that we carry around it's pretty hard to keep up with it all. Basically we have to all keep track of our own boxes, if we didn't it would be utter chaos. But yeah we pack that 24" foot trailer full and unpack it almost EVERYDAY. It's a lot of work but we're getting better at it, and to tell the truth, lifting all that crud is one of my favorite parts of the day lawl. Hey it's a good work out ok lawl.

But yeah today marks the third week of our "tour" although I've now been in BC for more than a month. But God has been great to each one of us, and He's shown me soo much about who I am in Him, and who I am in this world. I am a vessel of truth, a beacon of light, we all are here on this tour, but God's really shown that to me lately. It's soo humbling to know that God's chosen to us me out of all the other qualified people on this planet that could be doing this other than me. I thank Him for this opportunity that He's given to me to bless and minister to quite possibly thousans of people around North America. And I just want to through out one more word here before I sign off. To all of you guys on the team who will see this I have a word for each one of you.

Dave, thank you for your tireless leadership, we see a lot of what you do for this ministry, but I know that's only half of the work you really do, so I thank you and pray blessings abounding on you for that.

Nancy, you are a wonderful woman of God, and you're like a mother to each of us here on the road, you do soo much for us and often times it goes unnoticed, but I want to thank you and ask God to bless you for you servant heart.

Shambra, you're our gentle giant big guy, many people that we come across may see you as intimidating, but I know the heart that's behind your outter physique, it's a heart that beats strong for God and His kingdom, may God bless you for your efforts and your heart for Him.

Kelly, girl you're awesome, the way that you give and give in your acting in order that you may be the best that you can be for the God and to further this ministry, God sees your heart girl, and I know that He is smiling down on you for the way that you're giving all you have to this.

Nicole, you have a heart that is unique girl, you can see that you love God and that you are soo passionate about who you are in Him, you push soo hard in your acting, and you are going to be blessed ten fold for your perseverance and dedication, even though your southern body doesn't really like our Canadian weather.

Kyle, you are soo encouraging to me man, the way that you seek God's face in all you do, the way that you strive to further yourself in who you are in Him in order to further the Kingdom of God, Kyle I ask God to bless you soo much for the work that you do in set up, tear down, acting, and just the way you are in your everyday life, thank you Kyle.

Jen, you have one of the gentlest hearts that I know, you are always there to laugh with or to make someone else smile everyday, I don't know how other than the grace of God you do it girl, but you too are an encouragment to me on the road, thank you Jen, God bless and keep your spirit strong through all that you will face here on the road and after in life as well.

Brendan, I can't think of a time that I have spent with you that I haven't been able to laugh with you, yet go from that to seriousness in an instant if it's needed, you are awesome man, and a huge lifter of my spirit thus far on the road.

Emily, you are soo awesome, you may be the youngest on the team, but the way that God shines through you blows my mind girl, my fondest memories of this tour so far have been the couple of times where we have talked about life and God and being able to see your wisdom and insight that you have already gained in your walk with Christ, you too are such an encouragement and I look forward with gladness to getting to know you better over the next nine months, keep on striving to know God better amd I look forward to more talks about what we both have learned as well as just getting to know you.

To each one of you guys on the team I want to say thank you for being who you are in Christ, and though we are all at different levels in our spiritual journey, and we are all at different points in our lives, I thank God that I have had the privelege to know each of you. God Bless you all, and all others who read this know that our God is AWESOME and that through Him even a wretch like me can know what real life is all about and what true love is. It's found in Jesus Christ the King, the one who gives strength to the weak, riches to the poor, and life to the dead.

1 Comments:

At 3:39 PM, Blogger Goodsoil Theatre said...

wow...that was an awesome blog...you really sound like a cool cat fo shizzle...peace out...you other cats should comment too

 

Post a Comment

<< Home